Hey folks! There's been a lot going on in my life lately. Talk about STRESS! But, I've been keeping busy with my spinning and carding.
Here's a pic of some punis I made up recently. These punis are from machine ginned Acala cotton that I've had for a few years now. Believe it or not, I used my regular wool carder to make these, and they came out pretty nicely, IMHO. The last time I tried to make punis from this ginned cotton, they didn't turn out well. I realize now that the problem was that I wasn't fluffing out the cotton first being loading the carders. This stuff was pretty compacted, so fluffing it out first was a necessity in order to allow for a smoother spin. Now that I'm doing that, the punis are coming out way better.
This stuff, as with most of my spinning has been by trial and error. I'm glad I finally figured out what I was doing wrong. I think my preference for cotton spinning is still spinning from the freshly ginned bolls. The whole process is one that I enjoy.