Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Score at the Thrift Store and Street Finds!

This past weekend I went thrifting. Not really looking for anything specific, just checking out the merchandise. I found this really nice, interesting looking chair for $5.00 (it was half off). I love the shape and simplicity of the chair. I'm wondering what, if anything should I do with it. Any suggestions?



I also found these sweet milk glass vases for $.50 a piece,



and this old tarnished silver platter for $3.50 (again, both half off). Check out the little feet on her!



I decided I could use them to change out the display on my dresser. Now, I'd seen vases like these before and simply passed them by. But, after seeing a lovely vignette somewhere out in blogland, I decided to give them a try. What could it hurt at that price? Turns out I love the way they look on my dresser.

This morning while taking my girls to school, I spotted this lovely cane back chair on the sidewalk. Apparently, the owner had put it out to trash. Well, now that I've gotten the thrifty decorating eye, I quickly got out of my car, inspected it, and finding it to be in great shape, threw it in my trunk. Talk about score!!!! Oh yeah!!!!



And it goes well with the other piece I had gotten from the Salvation Army a while back.



Looks like I got my work cut out for me with all my recent furniture finds!

5 comments:

  1. Yes, I have a back log of things waiting to be seen to. You've found some fantastic things. How good is the chair, with how closely it matches the other?

    Cheers,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds! I love the grain on the seat of the wood chair. The cain back chair is a perfect match to your settee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Lisa. They do match closely! Must have been meant to be, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your finds! I hope you keep writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wondering how you are, missing your posts.

    x

    ReplyDelete