Sunday, October 25, 2009

What a week!

I spent three days this past week attending a Continuing Legal Education seminar. Three days from 9-5 each day!! It was interesting information on Family Law issues, but boy was it ever long. I had to do something during the breaks to keep from going batty. And on the last day, I even did it during the seminar. What did I do? Knit of course! I made 2 and 3/4 pairs of fingerless mittens for my girls. It was a very simple pattern that I could keep it my head and just do to pass the time. Here they are:






These mitts were made with left over scraps from other projects. As you can see, i ran out of yarn for the purple mitts. Dang it! Of course, they couldn't be finished, as I need more yarn. Now I have to go buy a whole skein just to finish the blasted thing. I don't want to buy yarn. It's almost a sin to buy yarn, with all the yarn I already have. But, I want to get these finished already. So, I'll have to suck it up and buy a skein.

BTW, these little mitts are a great way to use up scraps (obviously you want to have a significant amount, or you can do stripes of different colors. Should've thought of that before now! Duh!) And they do look so cut on little hands.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely mitts! You could always rip out the other and make the tops another color? Huggs marion

    ReplyDelete